At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Document medical necessity and the skills of a therapist
- Justify reasonable and necessary intervention based on the patient’s individual condition/function
- Comply with the Medicare-specific criteria for:
- Initial Evaluation
- Plan of Care
- Daily Treatment Notes
- 10th Visit Progress Reports
- Discharge Summary
- Devise a plan to keep track of plan of care certifications
Discover the information we wish we knew from Day 1 when taking Medicare clients including resource links for every question that might arise. This course covers documentation requirements, all parts needed to include in an evaluation, re-evaluation requirements, plan of care requirements, views of example evaluations, treatment notes, progress reports, and discharge summary specifics.
Course handouts include beginner definitions and easy-to-understand instructions with a 1-page quick reference guide, evaluation checklist, re-evaluation checklist, plan of care checklist, progress report checklist, and a discharge summary checklist.